This post describes how to read a dynamic EMF model from a set of XML schema files (XSDs) and how to use that model to transform XMLs to SDO DataObjects or EMF EObjects, all this in a stand-alone environment. Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘sdo’
Posted by Jakub Holý on January 3, 2011
Posted by Jakub Holý on December 29, 2010
If you need to invoke a logic using Service Data Objects (SDOs) from a JAX-WS webservice under Websphere 7 without the SCA Feature Pack, it is possible to do it similarly to the old approach of generating a JAX-RPC webservice from a WSDL with an SDO facade (actually building on it).
The steps are:
- Use RAD to generate a JAX-RPC webservice from a WSDL with an SDO facade.
- Implement a JAX-WS webservice accessing directly its input as XML data (i.e. implement is as a WebServiceProvider for message payload)
- Use Transformer and StreamSource/Result to convert from/to String containing XML
- Copy the SDO-related classes from the JAX-RPC webservice to the JAX-WS one, exclude just the JAX-RPC webservice interface and implementation
- Adjust the generated EMFSOAPElementUtil – change (de)serialize methods to expect/produce a String instead of SOAPElement
- Put it all together in the WS implementation class created in #2
- Finishing touches – add conversion of org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.internal.XMLCalendar to javax.xml.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendar